2.8K views

WE TEST DROVE A 07 TAHOE AND REALLY LIKED IT. THEY RAN OUR CREDIT AND TRIED TO ONLY DO IN-HOUSE FINANCING AND THE INTREST RATE WAS TOO HIGH.

SO AFTER ALMOST 2 HRS OF BEIN PUSHY TRYING TO MAKE US SIGN PAPERS- THEY DECIDED TO GO THRU A CREDIT UNION, AND OUR INTREST RATE WAS CUT IN HALF!! WE DECIDED TO SIGN PAPERS HE NEXT NIGHT, THE MANAGER TOLD US "NOT TO COME IN UNTIL THE A.M.,THE CAR IS YOURS ALREADY." SO WE PULLED IN THE NEXT A.M. TO SEE OUR TAHOE BEING TEST DRIVEN. COME TO FIND OUT THEIR CONTRACT HAD ALREADY BEEN STARTED AND THEY SIGNED BEFORE WE DID!

JOHN GARCIA BLAMED IT ON US NOT COMING IN THE NIGHT BEFORE EVEN THOUGH TROY AND DAVID KNEW WE WERE COMING IN!!

FROM THE START WE SHOULD'VE KNOWN THEY WERE NO GOOD-- BEING PUSHY CORNERING US IN THE OFFICE (THE SALESMAN & FINANCE MNGR) & NOT TRYING TO GET US BETTER INTEREST THAN WHAT THEY HAD!! DON'T USE THESE LIARS!!!"Ž

Comments

Thanks. I was trying to decide whether I wanted to try Scott Elder. When a complete idiot writes a bad review, it makes me think that maybe it's worth giving the place a shot.

Austin, Texas, United States #1119012

He is a used car dealer, what do you expect? They try to buy cars for as cheap as they can and then sell them for as much as they can, usually locking you into a long term high interest rate.

This is what they do. People that go through these guys usually get what they deserve, because you have to go to them because you have screwed up your financial credit.

to Crockett #1133526

Look sometimes situation arise in peoples credit and lives nobody should deserve anything cause of their credit people with bad credit shouldnt be looked down on or maybe just you deserves it

Don't forget Scott Elder is a dealer for the People LOL.

Austin, Texas, United States #948997

They did my son dirty!! They put him in a car, and tld him he was approved.

Let him drive the car home and get insurance on it, ans was tld to come bk and sign papers. We went bck with the insurance, and was tld the deal fell through, and was devastated!!

Then they tld us he cldnt get his refund til monday!! They aren't honest people, plz dnt use them!!!!!

Scott Elder is a dealer...FOR THE PEOPLE!!!!!!!

Cedar Park, Texas, United States #744492

It's actually a note - lot credit business more than a car company. Sorry you didn't realise this initially dude. :cry

Austin, Texas, United States #687468

The worse thing about this company is the radio ad!

I have bought two nice cars from these guys. I have credit issues and still bought two cars from them and I live 70 miles away.

They got me approved when no one else did. The loans were very expensive. Because of a very high interest rate. That's my fault.

I just pay extra to get the loan paid off faster. Thanks

#402099

Absolutely one of the worst operations I have seen. Lets try a 24 percent interest rate.

They also told me that they would have to raise the price of the car to get me financed!!!!!!!!! I spoke with the creditor and they said THAT was the DEALER DREAM CARS that required that not them and that the dealer also set the interest rate.

I would have paid over 20,000 dollars for a 6000 dollar car. AVOID!!!!!!!!!!!

Yea nice how he puts peoples business on here and real funny that they read this an then went and changed the online price to match the higher price they gave me, oh and quit calling me!

i really feel sad and a little weary when Dream Cars CEO came out like this discussing someone elses credit on the internet in stead and sending them a later ...stay away from dream cars ..

These people are liars and beat around the bush. They told me I couldn't get the car I wanted so they showed me somthing else.

& the skeptical I liked the vehicle but the numbers they came up with were way out of my league. The price they gave me on paper was almost $2,000 more than the listed internet price. In all after 3 hours of pure preasured haggling the payments when calculated came out to $10,000 more than the listed price of the car. When I asked them about it they said they would only discuss the breakdown of the numbers when & if id come in to sign a contract.

They are very pushy and care about nothing but the next sell.

The sellsman tried to relate to me and talk about my religous faith and then when I notified him that I would not be accepting the deal he went from previously telling me to have a blessed day to nearly hanging up in my face! Very fake and unprofessional.

Thanks guys for the heads up considering they are calling me also to come down i was pre-approved also i dont want my time to be wasted on crappy customer service.. i wonder why their not put out of buisness if this is all true hope you all repoted them to bbb.

I also had a not so pleasing experience, I had made an appointment to meet at the dealership around 5:15pm on a Saturday.I admit I was 14mins. Late but,turns out they had closed @5pm anyways(even though the sign on the door said they close @ 7pm.

Either way the car I was interested in was not even for sale as of yet? If your not selling a car then why is it on your website listed for sale?

The other car I was interested in had already been sold,this car was still on the website and the salesman never mentioned the fact that the car had been sold. End result I did not and will not purchase a car from this business.

Reading this I had to make a comment. We too had the same experience of being told we could and were approved for the vehicle we were interested in.

I called prior to making the 45 min drive to be sure and clear on that we were only interested in 3 things on the lot and spoke to Jennifer who assured me that we were not wasting our time, that we would drive out with our choice. Fast forward to being there- we too were told only up to 10,000 and only these 5 specific cars none of which i might add were on my list or radar. Although I know there are credit issues, we were honest with them and expected that they were honest with us. We spent 45 min to drive there, nearly 1.5 hr there for NOTHING.

They lied to get us there- felt like this was truly a bait and switch.

Filed a complaint with BBB and after reading some of these way to similar complaints with almost exactly same senario wondering if I need to go further. They are a scam totally

Unproffesionals with no customer services skills whatsoever sales agents.They are liars.Do not go to them.

These guys are straight up liars.

My name is Scott Elder, President of Dream Cars Credit and I am sorry we didn’t live up to your expectations. I have looked in to what happened in your situation.

As you know, you have some significant credit issues (large mortgage deficiency, foreclosure, multiple credit card charge-offs, etc.) You applied with us online and we utilized our Approval Geyser system to obtain you a preliminary approval with a Bank. Jennifer gave you that information on the phone and asked you to bring your latest paystub in to finalize the exact terms. When you came in with your paystub, you were presented an approval within 15 minutes for a $10,000 loan with $1500 down. We have great bank financing solutions that allow us to help people in your situation, but the terms are highly dependent on your proof of income.

That’s why in some cases banks want to see pay stubs before finalizing terms. From what I understand you walked out and left after they presented the approval. We could have obtained a higher amount financed with some additional down payment, but we never had that opportunity. I think you were looking for a zero down loan.

We do sell $20,000 vehicles with no money down all the time. But with your credit situation, our banks will require a down payment. 9 out of 10 dealerships would just tell you your loan has been declined and brush you out the door as fast as possible. But we specialize in helping people in your situation get a vehicle and re-establish their credit.

If anyone at our dealership led you to believe you would be approved under different terms before you came in, please accept my sincere apology. We have had a meeting internally and re-emphasized how important it is we give our clients the most accurate information we have at all times.

to Scott Elder Austin, Texas, United States #709068

I am a auditor in the consumer protection industry and I would suggest that you don't disclose your customers personal information as this clearly violates the Privacy Rights Act. The fact that branmike24 talks about his own status does not negate your legal requirement not to disclose personal or financial information to anyone.

New CFPB guidelines clearly state this and I am shock that you as a President would do this. I am of the mindset that I should take it upon myself to look in to your practices. You never know when the customer you are talking to or attempting to sell a car to is in actuality a regulatory auditor who has received complaint about your companies practices. I actually looked at your website and the disclaimer regarding the Internet Price verses the retail price.

You may want to look in to UDAAP language on clearly disclosing, in plain view, pricing and restrictions.

Maybe I will pay a visit to your dealership and see what treatment I get.